MAKEUP MONDAY: HUGE Cheap Makeup Haul
I've been watching so many YouTube makeup "gurus" in the past few months that recently, I was convinced that I needed MORE makeup products than what I already have. So, I bought lots of new makeup products and I wanted to share them with you, as well as my first impressions and some mini reviews on them. Some, I have already tried before, and there are a lot of new things I am very very excited for!
Since I am cheap, and thank God we don't have real malls here that carry high-end brands, I only bought drugstore products. I usually buy my makeup at Shoppers Drug Mart, The Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart and very recently, on the E.L.F. website. DISCLAIMER: I did not buy all of these at the same time. I also bought these before I wrote my 2015 GOALS so please don't judge. (HAHA)
- L'Oreal Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer- These are so creamy and they are indeed very blendable. Their coverage is medium to full. I use the darker shade to color-correct the darkness of my under-eye circles but I don't think it conceals my dark circles very well. I'm still on the lookout for another concealer. I have my eyes set on Bobbi Brown's Dark Bisque or Dark Peach.
- L'Oreal True Match Foundation- I ran out of my Lumi foundation so I went back to the store and picked up the original True Match. The Lumi one gives off a more dewy effect and since I am slightly oily especially on my nose area, I decided to go back to the original True Match foundation for a more natural finish. This is still my favorite foundation in the world! I love it so much and they recently launched new shades! They're perfect for everyone.
- L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow- When I saw this I knew I had to have it! The one I got is called BRONZED TAUPE and oh my gosh, I am so in love with this color! It's very creamy and very easy to blend. It has that foiled look and I am glad it doesn't have chunks of glitter. It's just so pretty! You can use it by itself while it's also so pretty to blend with other colors. They claim that these shadows last for 24 hours but I have yet to put it to test. I will for sure purchase other colors next time.
- Rimmel Provocalips- My sisters told me about this lipstick and when they said that it's kiss-proof, smudge proof and food proof, I had to go try it! They watched itsjudytime's review on these and they were very intrigued so we went out to look for it. We found these little gems at Shoppers Drug Mart and I bought three shades. I must admit; they didn't lie when they said kiss proof, transfer proof and food proof. Once these lipsticks touch your lips, they're not going anywhere! With proper application, your lips will literally be provocalips! (haha) It's a liquid kind of lipstick and it has two sides; step one and step two. Step one is the color and step two is the locking process. The color payoff is really great! Very easy to smear on the lips and one coat is opaque enough to last for a whole day. What I don't like is step two. The product that "locks" the lipstick in place is very sticky and has a weird taste. I also found that it dried out my lips after a few hours of it on. Once I use up all these lipsticks, I WILL NOT REPURCHASE. If they didn't have a weird taste, they would be the perfect lipsticks for me.
- Maybelline The Nudes- For a drugstore brand, I must say that these are very high quality eyeshadows. If you are looking for a nude eyeshadow palette, this is perfect! It has both warm and cool tones and they are very easy to blend and use. I used this non-stop for a week and it's perfect for a very natural everyday makeup look. Much love for this palette!
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer- Most beauty vloggers said that this is the best drugstore undereye concealer that's why I bought it again. I need to use it more to find out whether I agree with them or not. I just feel like my Fit Me concealer is better than this one.
- Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder- This is another repurchase. They came out with new fit me pressed powders that are the Set+Smooth and Matte+Poreless ones and I am eager to try them out! I love the Fit Me line! :)
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal- I got the one in Brown and this has been my go to eyeliner lately. I love how it gives off a soft look when smudged with a dark eyeshadow. It's very creamy and very easy to blend.
- Milani Baked Blush- I first heard about this from KathleenLights of YouTube and now that I got it, I understand why she kept raving about this blush. I got Rose D'Oro and I haven't stopped using it since day one. It's the most beautiful blush ever! I love it so much! It's the perfect peachy rose color that you can use alone or with a bronzer. A little goes a long way. If you come across Milani's Baked Blushes, I suggest that you pick up one or two shades.
here are some swatches:
I got these items from The Real Canadian Superstore and from their website. ELFcosmetics.com
- HD Mattifying Cream Foundation- I got this in a very dark color and I use it for contouring my face. This sets into a matte finish and I like that very much. It does have a pinkish undertone though and that's the only thing I don't like about this, but I can make it work.
- Essential Smudge Pot- The fact that this is $3 is amazing! Also, this is very creamy and so pretty! I got Cruisin Chic and it's a pretty peachy taupe color, very perfect for an everyday kind of eyeshadow look.
- Long-lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow- I got Toast and it's a very nice golden color. It is a little glittery but they're not too big to the point that they're disturbing. It's a nice top color to give the eyes a nice pop of shine!
- Baked Eyeshadow Trio- I got Peach Please and this palette is perfect for a natural no makeup makeup look. You can use it wet for a more intense color payoff and if you like a more subtle look, use the shadows dry.
- HD Undereye Setting Powder- I've been using this to set my undereye concealer and it works. It has a little bit of shiny flecks in it for added lift under the eyes. It can get a little messy though as it is in mineral form. I use it with my new Elf Tapered brush (see number 7)
- Small Stipple Brush- I use it with my creamy foundation and its the perfect size for contouring. The bristles are very soft and it helps gives off a really smooth and nice finish on the skin.
- Small Tapered Brush- It's the perfect undereye setting brush! It's so soft to the skin. I love it.
- Prism Eyeshadow Palette- I got the NAKED palette and out of all my ELF products, this is my most favorite purchase! First of all, it's just $10! It's very cheap but the quality of these shadows is amazing! Second of all, these shadows feel so soft and velvety and they're so pigmented! I also love the colors in this palette. It's a must-have palette and I'm not even exaggerrating. If you are looking for a cheap palette that is worth more than what you're actually paying for, get this one!
- HD Powder- This is a nice powder but if you use too much of it, it will give off a white powdery cast on your face and we all know that that's not attractive at all. Also, IT IS VERY MESSY! I rarely reach out for this.
- Golden Bronzer- This bronzer is so pretty and is very flattering on the face! I love the "sunkissed glow" look it gives me! It is a little too shimmery though but if you're all about the shimmer, this is perfect for you. I use the lightest color as a highlight and the darker colors I use over my cream contour. I can't wait to use this all of spring and summer!
- Mineral Moisturizing Lip Tint- When I saw this along with the other elf products in the mail, I was surprised at how tiny it is! IT IS FREAKING SMALL! I'm not even joking. I swatched it on my hand and it had a nice sheer tint. I tried it on my lips, it had a nice color payoff, it's the perfect natural nude color too. BUT!! It had a very VERY sweet taste that I just couldn't stand! I gave it away to my niece and I think she didn't like it either. PWEH! DO NOT BUY THIS if you are a bit iffy about lipstick flavors.
here are some swatches:
I didn't get swatches of everything so I just took swatches of my favorite ones and of course, swatches of the lippies.
I also created this Romantic Soft-bronzed Chocolatey makeup look (perfect for Valentine's Day!!) using most of the products mentioned in this blog post and I might have taken way too many selfies because I loved how it turned out.
On my face (in order of application): Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser, True Match concealer, True Match Foundation, Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer, ELF HD Undereye Setting Powder, ELF HD Powder, Benefit's Eye Primer, ELF Prism eyeshadow number 4, Maybelline Nude Palette (upper 'X' shade), ELF TOAST eyeshadow, ELF Prism eyeshadow number 3, Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl eyeliner, Maybelline Nude eyeshadow matte shadow (first lower 'X' shade), L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes, Benefit Brow Zings for brows and nose contour, ELF Prism eyeshadow number 1 for browbone highlight and inner eye corner highlights, ELF Cream Foundation for contour, ELF Golden Bronzer as bronzer and highlight, Milani Baked Blush, Rimmer Provocalips
Did you like this Makeup Monday post? If you did, share some love and like this blog post. What did you think of this makeup look? Yey or Ney? Let me know in the comment box below.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Until my next Makeup Monday post! - CS