Get Unready with Me with Aveeno
I love getting ready and putting my makeup on for the day, but I, even more so, love getting "unready" for the night!
There's nothing like feeling fresh and clean from head to toe before hopping into bed, so today, I will be showing you guys how I incorporate some of Aveeno's new products into my night time routine. And if you read through this post, you will find a surprise at the end! #MomentForMe
There are three types of people out there: 1. morning "showerers", 2. night "showerers", and 3. those who don't shower at all. I'm hoping none of you are the latter, but me personally, I love taking my showers at night. Like I said in the intro of this blog post, nothing compares to the feeling of being absolutely clean and ready for bed at night, and I think skipping the shower in the morning is the better part of that whole thing! Give me a like if you agree!
THIS IS HOW GETTING UNREADY WITH ME LOOKS LIKE:
1. REMOVE MAKEUP - This is my favorite part of the night, besides actually sleeping. I just love taking my makeup off after a long day of cake-face. I use a cleansing oil/balm to dissolve all the gunk off my face, and then, I go in with a facial cleanser to get rid of any excess makeup and oils left on my skin. Exfoliating is so important in my skincare routine, and the fact that I can use this product in the shower is a lifesaver!
transforms dull, tired-looking skin to brighter, more naturally radiant and velvety soft skin in just 1 minute
2. SHOWER - I love taking hot showers at night after a long day of either writing blog posts, editing photos, and/or shooting photos or videos for new content. And if I can find ways to cut my "unready" time shorter, I would do it. And so, discovering Aveeno's 60 Second In-Shower Facial has been a lifesaver! This facial mask/exfoliator works faster than other masks in the market right now.
As I wait for my hair conditioner to soak, I apply a layer of the In-Shower Facial all over my face and I let it sit for one minute. If you have super sensitive skin, you might feel a little tingly sensation. It works with the steam of the shower to cleanse and gently exfoliate skin, revealing radiant and velvety soft skin in just one minute! If you suffer from uneven skin tone, dullness, texture, blotchiness and dark spots, this product is for you! After 60 seconds, I gently scrub the product all over my face to get rid of any dry patches and dead skin cells, and I rinse it off with warm water. Try this out and see for yourself how smooth your skin will feel after each wash. It's recommended to be used once or twice a week.
3. MOISTURIZE - After I pat my body dry with my towel, I immediately moisturize my skin! Aveeno®'s Daily Moisturizing Body Yogurt Vanilla & Oats is what I have been slathering on my entire body lately, and I am loving it! The texture is really soft and creamy, just like yogurt, and it has a faint smell of vanilla and oats, as if you're actually applying those two ingredients on your skin. The scent is lovely, and it personally puts me in a really good mood for relaxation. It absorbs quickly into the skin, and it doesn't feel heavy or sticky whatsoever. It provides moisture to up to 48 hours which is a big yasss in my book!
4. FINISH SKINCARE ROUTINE - After my entire body's moisturized, I either dry my hair (if I wash my hair that night), or I go ahead and finish my skincare routine. I make sure I tone my skin and apply my favorite serums before applying moisturizer. Those two steps help ensure that my skin absorbs all the hydration my moisturizer provides my skin, and the one that I have been using as my night time cream is the Aveeno® Positively Radiant® Overnight Hydrating Facial. This cream, like the body moisturizer, provides up to 48-hours of hydration, and it works as I sleep. I then wake up to skin so soft, smooth, and supple as if I just had a professional facial. It smells really good upon application, but has an "after smell" that I don't really like. It doesn't bother me that much, but just keep that in mind if you are very sensitive to scents. After I moisturize, I apply my favorite eye cream, and I always always finish off with a lip moisturizer.
non-comodogenic, hypoallergenic, non-greasy, lightweight, sulfate-free and paraben-free
5. CHILLAX - After all four steps are done, I climb into bed, grab my book, or resume the anime that I'm watching, and I call it a day. Then I wake up feeling awesome!
You have a chance to win, via Instagram, a grand prize wellness retreat for two, and a year's supply of Aveeno products!
Click on the link below for full entry instructions and rules!