How is it February already?! Time needs to slow down. Seriously!
It's that time again where I talk to you about the things I have been loving in the past month. I am trying my hardest to make this monthly series a consistent thing, but Netflix and Detective Conan are getting the best of me. WHAT IS SLEEP?
- Skin Care -
- Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer - I've been using this for like a couple months now and I really like it. It has a scent which I can't really explain but it's not that bad. This is specially formulated for oily and acne prone skin. It doesn't leave my face feeling oily. In fact, it kind of makes it a little tacky to the touch, which is actually a good thing if you apply makeup on a regular basis. This moisturizer contains glycerin, and glycerin helps in prolonging the makeup on your face. It's lightweight, it absorbs quickly and it has SPF 30!
- Lush's Ayesha Fresh Face Mask - Hands down one of my favorite masks ever! I just blogged about this so click HERE to read my review on it.
- Lush's Mask of Magnaminty - It doesn't say on the lid because it is written in French but this is the Mask of Magnaminty! This is the first mask I purchased from Lush and I got it when I traveled to Montreal, but it was only in January that I was able to use it on a regular basis. Like the Ayesha mask, this is also refreshing because it is very cooling! It can feel a little too intense in the first few minutes but after a little while, it will feel fine. Though it is minty, the smell is none of that typical mint smells that other products have. You will either hate it or love it. I use this right after my hot shower, when my pores are enlarged. This mask does a great job in deep-cleansing my face. And even though this mask is tough, it leaves my skin very moisturized. If you want a detailed an more in depth review on this mask, let me know!
- Makeup -
- ColourPop Stuff - If you've been watching my recent makeup videos, you probably already know that these bad boys will be featured in this month's favorites! Times Square has definitely been my go-to lipstick in the past month, but Limbo has a very special place in my heart! It's just gorgeous! And lastly, Weenie from the Where The Night Is collection has been my favorite eyeshadow this past month.
- Essential Tools Makeup Blender - I got this blending sponge because Walmart didn't have the Real Techniques complexion sponge. Guess what, I think all makeup sponges are the same! HAHA. This though doesn't soak up as much product as the RT one which makes this sponge better, in my opinion.
- NYX Set It Don't Fret It Loose Powder - This powder does a great job in really mattifying my face. It's also great for baking which is what I always do to set my under eye concealer. This powder prevents my under eyes from creasing, but it can still give that ugly flashback if used incorrectly! I will be making a video on how to bake without the horrible flashback soon! :) I got the shade light/medium. Here's the biggest CON about this product. IT's freakin' messy, but it's a given that all loose powders are messy. Just make sure to use this powder away from a fan. I used this once while my little desk fan was pointing at my face and it blew the powder everywhere!
- Morphe's 35O Nature Glow Palette - This palette is talked about in the beauty world so much that it's always out of stock! Don't worry, Morphe has been restocking this bad boy regularly! Just be sure to get it once it gets back in stock because this palette is worth the hype! I'm a warm eyeshadow kind of girl that's why I love this palette so much. It's a warm girl's dream and I must say that the formula of the eyeshadows are pretty amazing. The shadows are very pigmented and are very easy to blend. Even the matte shades are creamy and very blendable. I've been using this so much this past month and it has easily become a staple in my makeup collection.
- MISC. -
- How To Get Away With Murder - This show was so addicting and is the reason why my sleeping schedule in January was so messed up. I've never seen a show that kept me guessing until the end of the season. Yo, get to watching this one because it's great!
- Making A Murderer - This isn't a favorite exactly but I thought I'd give it a mention. This show is just crazy and it made me feel so angry so many times when I was watching it. I don't know what to believe and that's what makes this show so controversial. WHO IS THE MURDERER?!
- Detective Conan (Case Closed) - I don't need to explain why this is a favorite. HAHA. I love this anime so much that I decided to re-watch it again. I'm still in the middle of watching the show on Funimation.com and I won't stop until I watch them all!
- Indie Pop Chillout on Spotify - This is still my go-to playlist on Spotify. A few of my favorite songs from this playlist is Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish, Wild Horses by Bishop and Roses by The Chainsmokers! :)
What were your January Favorites?