Life Lately | 08
Hello gals and guys! How are you all doing? I know I've been missing in action for awhile and I'm really sorry about that. There have been some things happening in my life these past few weeks and these issues have made me lose my inspiration and motivation to get work done. I'm still trying to get the ball rolling, and to be honest, I still feel a little disoriented. Hopefully in the next couple weeks, I'll be able to start writing and filming again consistently!
So with that intro out of the way, let me fill you guys in a little bit on what's been happening with my life lately, and a few updates...
- I've been a little busy these past few weeks with church stuff. I've been pushing myself out of my comfort zone and I'm trying to build relationships with the people at my church. It's challenging, but I feel like I'm starting to feel more and more comfortable with them.
Recently, the Young Adult ministry of our church (including myself) drove down to Virginia for a promo shoot, or "trailer" if you will, for Ascend's Basecamp. It's basically a 3-day retreat for the youth which is happening on August 6-8. It's going to be an amazing event and I'm really glad to be a part of it! If you live around the DMV area, and you want to come together for fellowship, fun and to praise and worship God, visit ascendbasecamp.org for more information! God is going to do amazing things in the hearts of our Youth and I'm excited to witness that this summer!
- Still in line with church and still in line with me putting myself out there, I'm going to start practicing with the church's music ministry as a vocalist and I'm really nervous about it, yet honored at the same time. I believe that God wants to use my talents for the advancement of His kingdom and if I don't start now, I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it. I'm glad that God has been opening doors for me right now and hey, challenge accepted!
- I recently created another Instagram account focused on all things beauty. It's going to be my outlet for my beauty/makeup addiction, that way, I'm not going to mess up the feed of my main account. On BeautywithCorinth, I post may hauls, skin care products, makeup products, swatches, selfies, discount codes and so much more! Check it out: @beautywithcorinth
- Since my blog has slowly turned into a beauty blog (I'm sure you've noticed it too haha), I think I'm going to stop doing Makeup Monday. 😂 If you check out my sidebar, you'll see a blog menu and you'll be able to browse through my blog easily, depending on what you want to see. Every post is tagged and categorized accordingly. And of course, you can always use the SEARCH bar to find specific posts. 😉
- Since we're on the topic about my sidebar content, I also wanted to let you guys know that I have an AFFILIATES menu where I upload some links that will give you special discounts and offers from some of the brands I support. Feel free to check them out if you want, or come back to it, when you are about to shop some goodies.
Just remember that these are affiliate links, meaning I may get a small commission if you click the link, or make a purchase through that link. If you feel uncomfortable about that, then ignore this message haha.
- I still haven't been able to fix my sleeping schedule and it's one of the biggest reasons why I can't get work done. Do you have tips on how I can sleep like a normal person again? I know I should start exercising to make me tired! HAHA. I recently discovered this app called Walkr and it's kind of a cute way to motivate myself to walk more, although that app is still a little bit confusing to me. So yeah, if you guys have suggestions, please help a girl out! I seriously owe my blog and Youtube channel a lot of posts!
- I'm really enjoying another app called Miitomo. I discovered this through Raisa. It was all over her social media and blog and it looked so cute and I got curious. Now, I'm always on it! HAHA. If you don't have it yet, go get it and let's be friends! It's the cutest ways to get to know your friends better!
- When I wasn't working, in other words, the entire past couple of weeks, I watched TV shows and movies. It's what I did after I browse the internet. I finished Suits, FRIENDS, and just last night, I finished Game of Thrones Season 5, again. I'm still watching Detective Conan, and I think I'm going to start watching Daredevil soon. My cousin said it was good. I also saw the movie Room and yo, that movie was intense. I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.
- I've been wanting to have pink hair for the longest time but I'm scared to dye my hair! I just don't know if I could do such a big thing to my hair, and I know, hairstyles are temporary, but I'm just not that confident to fully commit to bleaching and dyeing my hair a pastel pink. I'm also not ready to give away my money to a salon. 😂 So I found a solution! I decided to get a wig! HAHA. For a whole day and night, I was online looking at wigs, researching about them, how to wear them, how to make them look natural and all that stuff. I finally placed my order a few days ago and of course, my Snapchat fam will be the first to see it! (👻 CORINTHSUAREZ)
I think a wig is an amazing alternative for this change I've been craving for. It won't damage my hair and it's a lot cheaper and I think with proper care, I'll be able to keep it for years! I'm so excited to show you guys my new hair!
- I have a lot of ideas for posts you guys! All I really need to do is start writing them and filming them! I've been slacking off a lot but once I get my blogging cap on, I promise you that posts will be coming in like cray cray. Just be patient with me!
So that's pretty much my life lately. How are you? What have you been up to? Let's talk in the comment section below! 💖