Something Has Changed in My Morning Routine #OurLittleSuarez
One particular person called my title clickbait, I call it the truth! Seriously though, my life has changed, and I am here for it!
In case you missed Jorge and I's huge announcement on Instagram, I suggest that you scroll all the way down to watch the video, and then come back up here to continue reading! If you don't want to watch it, then here is a spoiler: I AM PREGNANT! I'm sure from the title of this post, you already knew that!
I decided to create this new blog series because I really want to document and share with you guys my pregnancy journey, both the ups and downs, and hopefully, for those of you who are pregnant too, or if you are planning to start a family soon, this space will be somehow helpful to you as well. I know, every pregnancy is different, but it helps to have something to read out there to just give you an idea on what to expect, and how to deal with whatever comes.
As I type this, I am 8 weeks and 5 days. I'm in my second month, my first trimester, and guys, I have never felt so exhausted in my life. I read that this is all normal because I am keeping a fetus alive inside me, but my gosh, I am just so tired all the time. Before, I'm able to fight my drowsiness, but when I got pregnant, I just couldn't keep my eyes open so I end up napping all the time. I'm blessed to be able to work from home because I cannot imagine me falling asleep if I was in an actual work space. Right now, I'm cherishing all the tired moments because I know I'm going to need all my energy once the baby comes out.
Another huge thing that I've noticed since I got pregnant was my appetite. I'm surprised that I'm not super hungry all the time, but I did become extra picky with what I eat. I find that I crave something new each day. It's Chipotle today, and who knows what I want tomorrow. I'm so thankful for Jorge because he's been taking great care of me, and he makes sure I get what I want and need each time I feel the cravings come up.
The worst thing about all this is the nausea/morning sickness. Man, I feel it almost all day everyday, but I still am grateful because I do not actually vomit. I only vomited once so far, and I'm hoping that it will be the last. I cannot wait to see the doctor so I know what to take to ease all my discomfort. All I've been doing right now is resting and hydrating.
WHAT CHANGED IN MY MORNING ROUTINE AND LIFESTYLE IN GENERAL?
- I stay in bed longer than I'm supposed to. Momma needs extra rest.
- I have said goodbye to coffee! It was surprisingly easy, but I have read that it's not actually bad to drink coffee during pregnancy, but it is suggested to lessen intake. But just to be safe, I completely stopped drinking coffee. If you see me posting my McCafe posts on social media, know that that post was written months ago, before I even found out I was pregnant, and the campaign will end this month (December).
- I stopped drinking Coca-Cola! If you know me, you know that I love Coke! But I had to stop drinking it because it is highly caffeinated, and I find that it makes my heart rate sky rocket way worse than coffee. Yikes! If ever I do crave a soda, I go for Sprite or a fruity carbonated drink.
- I won't be eating anything raw in the next 7 months. So that's no more sashimi and sushi rolls, no more medium rare steaks and burgers. HUHUHU. #icrey
- I won't be eating chips. It's not super bad for me, but I find that because of my nausea, I can't seem to find my appetite for chips anymore. I also feel the same way for other foods.
- I don't stuff myself as much as I used to which I think is a really good thing. The last time I stuffed myself with really good food, I ended up vomiting. No more!
Those are just a few changes in my life at the moment. I'm not sure how often I will be updating this blog series, but every time something important comes up, I'll be sure to share it with you guys! :) Also, let me know what you guys want to see in this category! Leave me your questions and if I get enough, I'll do a pregnancy Q&A.
Now, I'll just briefly talk about the video Jorge and I created for our pregnancy reveal. When we found out I was pregnant, Jorge and I knew we wanted to do a video reveal. We brainstormed for weeks on how we were going to do it, and on the eve of Thanksgiving, we turned our thoughts into reality. Jorge filmed and edited the entire thing, but we both thought of the concept, the direction, and the execution of everything. The video had little easter eggs pointing to me being pregnant and I think only a few people caught it.
What do you guys think of the video?
Jorge and I are so proud of it, and I think it's our best work yet. If you haven't seen it yet, go ahead and watch it below, and give it a thumbs up on YouTube. Share it too if you want to, I'm sure our little suarez will appreciate it! :)