Life Lately | 09
My last Life Lately update was in April, and boy, so many things have happened since then! Want to know what I've been up to, and why I've been missing online? HUHU. 😭
- Jorge finally got me a joint bank account and credit card. You guys, I've been living here in the US for 9 months already, and we worked on that just last week. 😂 We got super lazy on that one. Now, I feel legit with two American cards in my wallet. Speaking of wallets, I need a new one; one that screams, "I'm an adult". The one I have is made out of plastic, is pink, and has flowers all over it.
- In my past Life Lately post, I was just starting to involve myself in church stuff. 4 months later, I'm an admin of Ascend's Young Adult ministry, and I'm part of both our church's (KOTN) and Ascend's worship team. How my life escalated so quickly, is all because of God. Once you let God take over your life, He'll take you to places and positions you could never even begin to think of. God is so great at increasing your capacity to do things, as long as you let Him. I'm still trying my best to be a good admin and honestly, there are times when I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, but I find comfort in knowing that He is my strength in my weakness.
Isaiah 41:10 [NIV] So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand.
- If you have been peeking through my blog and social media accounts in the past few months, you probably would have heard about Basecamp already because we wouldn't shut up about it. HAHA. We had it last weekend and yo, it was soooooo amazing! I had the privilege of leading two songs on our first night, and it was such a great experience! I have dreamed of being on stage leading a group of people into worship before, but I never thought that it could be a possibility in my life. God has a way of making our dreams come true. 👍🏻
We're opening up registrations for Basecamp 2017 soon, and I'm telling you right now that you wouldn't want to miss it! 👀
- In case you didn't already notice, I changed up the look of the blog a little bit. I felt like I needed to declutter my blog so I can feel inspired to start writing again! Let me know if you like the cleaner look. 👍🏻 I also brought back my Newsletter section (at the bottom of the page) where you can sign up to receive exclusive updates from me. It will be a place where I can talk to you guys outside of the blog. I promise, it won't be anything redundant or stupid. 😂 I would appreciate it if you subscribed!
- Jorge and I finally moved out of his parents' house! One of the biggest reasons why I haven't been posting videos on my channel, is that I felt like Jorge and I's room at the old house was too small and cluttered that I didn't have room to film anymore. I've been receiving boxes and boxes of products to try out, which is a great thing, but because our space was so limited, they got piled up and I eventually just lost my mind! Add that dilemma to my busy church schedule; I just couldn't do it anymore.
So when we got approved for the apartment we're living in right now, I felt so relieved and extremely happy! Here, I have a vanity station where I can do my normal makeup stuff in Jorge and I's bedroom, and at our loft, I have a little work station where I can do both my makeup videos and admin stuff. Can I hear a HALLELUJAH?! 🙌🏻 If you follow me on Snapchat, you've already seen how our new apartment looks like. 👍🏻 I will still do a house tour soon.
- Before we moved to our new place, Jorge and I also got our first car! It's a used 2005 Volvo S60 and we are in love with it! I think it's the cutest car ever.🚙 It's in excellent condition and we got it very cheap! God really blessed us financially with that car! Now, I just have to enroll myself in driving school. I want to learn how to drive so bad!
- One of the biggest things that has happened lately is me being seen on TV! If you saw a woman who looked like me in an Apple commercial, you're not tripping. That was me. THAT REALLY WAS ME!!! I still can't believe that my face was shown all over the world! I'm sure only the people who know me recognized me but still!!! At least a million people saw my face and I think that's pretty amazing! It's not everyday that Apple uses a video of you for a minute-long commercial. ❤️ Thank you Apple!
- I know I've gained a few pounds because I've been eating so poorly and I feel very weak and heavy. Now that we live in a very nice apartment complex that has two amazing gyms, I think it's time to shed off the unwanted love handles and start to live a healthier lifestyle by one, improving my diet, and two, working out! Oh God please help me!
PS: I just want to look good in future lookbooks. 😅
- Because of our big move, I've learned how to understand IKEA instructions! I built our huge dresser by myself. It was a challenge, but I made it through, and so far, the dresser's still intact. 😂
- Oh yeah, my hair's black again so there's that. I kinda regret doing it though. HAHA. I wish I went a little bit lighter and did a "bronde" style.
- Now, a few of the little joys in life include smelling the hypnotizing scent of our lobby, watching the sunset from our bedroom windows, and making espresso drinks in our kitchen. ☕️
I guess to summarize all of what I just wrote is that I'm very happy about our new place and new things, and I'm very busy doing what God has called me to be. ⭐️ I hope that life is treating you well, and if you guys would like me to pray for you, feel free to send me a message.