The month of April has been the month of me trying out new products! So forgive me because this is going to be a long post! And hey, it's May! My birthday's coming soon!
~ Skincare ~
• MARIO BADESCU PRODUCTS - I finally was able to try out my sample size Mario Badescu skincare items this past month and I think that my skin has improved a lot! I got this pack that is for combo/oily skin. I've noticed that my skin has gotten less oily and I can now get away with not putting on any foundation or CC cream!
Enzyme Cleansing Gel - I use this cleansing gel in the morning and in the evening.
After I remove my makeup with coconut oil, I wash my face with either the CeraVe Foaming Facial wash or my Neutrogena facial cleanser to get rid of the oily residue from the coconut oil. After that, I go ahead and use the Enzyme Cleansing Gel! This gel doesn't foam up, but I feel like it really deep cleans my skin. I've also noticed that my pores don't look as dirty and clogged as before! Also, my skin is left feeling soft, which I love.
Cucumber Cleansing Lotion - This is a toner. Mario Badescu's product names can be quite confusing. HAHA. Anyway, I love this toner because I feel its potency yet it doesn't dry up my skin! It also does a great job in removing leftover makeup.
Seaweed Night Cream - This sample size is so freaking tiny! But I'm actually surprised that it's lasted this long. HAHA. The cream is very thick but it's very easy to spread around the face and a little bit goes a long way! I love using this stuff at night because my skin feels so healthy when I wake up! It's crazy! Once I use this up, I will re-purchase it in full-size. It's so good!
• SK-II Facial Treatment Essence - This stuff has been a staple in my night time routine. I apply this right after I tone my face. At first I feel like it doesn't really do anything for my skin, but as I continue to use it, my skin started looking and feeling healthier! My breakouts die so much faster without drying them out. My skin also looks rosy. I just love this stuff! I just hate the fact that this is so expensive! I received this sample size from a VoxBox via Influenster. Will I purchase the full-size? Maybe. HAHA.
• CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion - Even though this is for normal to dry skin, this has been my morning moisturizer in the month of April! It keeps my skin hydrated and protected, without making me look like a greaseball! I also feel like this prolongs my makeup! So I kind of use it as a primer as well.
~ Makeup ~
• ColourPop Super Shock Cheek - Flush'd - Hands down my favorite blush! This gives me the most natural rosy and glowy cheeks! I swear! I love it! It's also so blendable. You need this!
• ColourPop Creme Gel Liner - Stomper - I've returned to my favorite way of applying eyeliner, gel in a pot! I just find it so easy to do eyeliner with a brush and a gel liner and Stomper is your regular brown liner, perfect for a simple everyday look.
• ColourPop Super Shock Shadow - Sunset Blvd. - At first I didn't like the fact that the color payoff of this shade isn't great, but now, I love it because of its lack in pigmentation. 😂 I love its golden sheen and because it's not a bold color, it's perfect to use every single day for that pop of brightness! I love it!
• IT Cosmetics You Sculpted! - If you are looking for a contour kit, check out You Sculpted from IT Cosmetics! It has all the shades you can ever need in a contour kit, the shades are all so pigmented and I love that it has two highlighters; one matte, one shimmer! I use the matte highlight to brighten up under my eyes and on the bridge of my nose, and the shimmer highlight is just so gorgeous on my cheek bones! This product is amazing and I highly recommend it!
• The Estée Edit Pore Vanishing Stick - I love using this on no makeup makeup days! When I don't feel like putting on foundation, I reach for this to smooth out my skin, then I just put on some blush and I'm out the door!
~ MISC. ~
• ASCENDBASECAMP's Promo Video -
I love this video so much because it's so raw and epic and I'm not just saying that because my husband filmed and edited it. HAHA. It just shows how serious we are about this summer event! Basecamp is a 3-day retreat open to the youth and young adults! If you are around the area (DC, Maryland, Virginia) please join us! It will be an amazing weekend full of fun activities, fellowship, music and of course, Jesus! We want you there so please be sure to sign up!
Visit ascendbasecamp.org for more information!
• Bitmoji - makes texting and tweeting more fun! Just download the app, install the keyboard and you'll love it!
• Up & Up Cleanser - this is what I use to clean my makeup brushes and it's amazing! You can get this from Target!
• Equate Flushable Wipes - This is pretty self explanatory right? HAHA. I love this because it's cheap and it smells so good! And it doesn't feel oily! Got this from WalMart.
• Sailor Moon - I started watching this show because I want to buy the Sailormoon Eyeliners and I didn't want to be called a poser haha. Guess what, I love the show. It makes me feel the high school kilig all over again and that's something I haven't felt in such a long time haha. I watch it on Hulu.
• Game of Thrones - Do I even need to explain? No. This show is my fave for 6 years now.
• Marble Contact Paper - I decided to upgrade my flat lay ~*skillz*~ so I finally bought a roll of marble contact paper. I also used this as a laptop cover and I also marbleized my notebook! I got mine from Amazon and the quality is great!
Those were all the things I have been loving in the month of April! I'm sure I forgot a few things, so be sure to follow me on Twitter and Snapchat so you're updated on everything! If you already follow me there, you know that both Jorge and I have been sick these past few weeks. We're still in the process of recovering so please keep us in your prayers! 💖
What are your favorite things in the month of April? Let me know below!